Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I WIN I WIN I WIN

I never win anything. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I really mean it. I never win anything. I don't play the lottery, I mean, what would be the point. But last week I was introduced to a super cute little fabric shop near us. The shop has a little room full of Vera Bradley items, a front room with little vintage items for around your house, and 2 back rooms chock full of fabulous fabrics from designers like Amy Butler and Jane Sassaman.

So this shop was having their 10 year anniversary and were spending 10 days having a 'birthday' party for themselves. Every day that you visited the shop you could be entered to win a $25 gift certificate. I watched facebook throughout the week jealously as 3 people I know won the daily prize - all very deservingly, by the way. The shop also emailed coupons that could be used throughout the week - from $10 off a $25 purchase (which I used), to 40% a single purchase (which I used, too to buy this book - I'm very excited!), to 25% off all of your fabric and patterns purchase one day. Now that last one I hung onto until the last day that you could use it (Monday) and I made the very scary decision to take all four boys up to pick out fabric for a very special little present I want to make. Surprisingly, the boys were very good and I'm pretty excited about the fabric I got and am really hoping I can make it in to something cute.

BUT, the real excitement was when I got home and I got the email saying that I had won their grand prize! I won! I won! And not just a $25 gift certificate! But their Grand Prize - a choice of anything in the store up to a $299 value! I had no idea this store even had anything that was over $299. Every time I visited the store I headed straight for the fabric, as I assumed I couldn't afford another thing anyway. So I couldn't even tell you what all they have for that price range! haha. My friend very wisely suggested that I try to pick a large bolt of fabric that I could use for curtains - a project I've wanted to do for so long and have put off because the fabric would cost so much. GREAT idea! Another suggestion was purchasing their old farm table that they just put up for sale today - if it's still there! With 4 boys, who, against my wishes, keep growing bigger and bigger, we've been looking for a larger table for some time, so that might be a good option, too. And guess how much they want? $299 of course! ;)

I'll have to update on what we end up with. But for now, I'm just excited that I actually won something. :)

3 comments:

Minka said...

Wow! This is soooo cool! It is fun to win once in a while isn't it? Have fun chosing. Do they have fabric that you would like for your curtains? Is this the place you wanted me to go to with you to look at fabric?

Becky said...

Yeah, that's the place, Mom! It's called Feather Your Nest in Pickerington. I don't know if they have a good fabric for that or not and I feel a little overwhelmed at the prospect of trying to pick out a design that would work. But we'll see. A and I are going to try to head over there tomorrow. I thought maybe I could look around anonymously first. ;)

Minka said...

What did you finally get?