Saturday, April 25, 2009

The End of the Adventure

Friday was the last day of our Great Beach Adventure. We drove down to Tampa to visit my sister and her husband and had a super AWESOME time! They took us to a tapas restaurant in St. Petersburg called Ceviche. We sat outside and ordered a bunch of different tapas dishes and shared them. Emmanuel loved the squid and I even tried some salmon ceviche my sister ordered - I was always a bit speculative about ceviche. We had a big pitcher of sangria and it was sooo yummy. Then we walked down the pier to the aquarium. This is what we found when we got down there.
The awesome Uncle Robby even paid big bucks so they could feed fish to the pelicans. That was the greatest!

The aquarium was pretty little but the boys enjoyed it and even got to hold some starfish! Exciting! This is us chillin at Auntie Wedgo and Uncle Robby's house.
And Emmanuel asking Uncle Robby question number 502 out of at least 1000. For supper we went to another really good restaurant in Ybor City. It was so fun and Mical and I had another pitcher of Sangria :) and shared Ropa Vieja, which is apparently the same as Hilachas which was my favorite Guatemalan dish when I was little. YUMMY!! We even picked up some handmade cigars - regular for the boys (big boys - not little boys ;) ) and chocolate for Mical and I. Unfortuntely, Becky's a ditz and hadn't planned ahead to close up the condo and stay with M and R so we had to drive back that night. I think, if the boys had their way, Mical and Robby would have at least 2 new roomates! They say when they grow up they're going to live in Florida. :)
Saturday morning we started the LONG trip home. It took FOREVER. The traffic was horrendous. This is us sitting, stopped, in the middle of Georgia. I should point out that there was no construction, no accident, no apparent reason whatsoever for the traffic jam.
Can you feel the pain, people? 4 little boys, stopped traffic, middle of nowhere...
The upside of it though was that we got to stop at my aunt and uncles house in Charlotte and the boys got to get out and run around. I wish we had taken picture there. I really like being at their house and we all had a much needed rest. This did mean that we didn't get home until 4am on Sunday morning, but was definitely worth it.
The boys still talk about the beach daily. We had such a wonderful trip. Thanks Terry and Ellen!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks awesome! Some day soon we are going to have to get down to FL to visit Wedge and Rob too. And Jonathan's parents, and Disney World! I really respect you guys that you can drive like that with all those kids. Just the thought of doing it with just 2 makes me go a little crazy!