Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Does anyone know how to find Mr. Roger's episodes online? I've looked and looked, but admittedly I am NOT the best Internet searcher. I think Big C Man (his new self-title) would really enjoy it.
So my house smells like smoke. And my garage. And my car. And my clothes. And my sons. No this is not a flashback to last summer. Last night I became one of 'those people'. You know the type. They put a fire pit on their driveway and they sit out around it all night, drinking beer and smoking cigarettes, etc. Those people that I snicker at and think 'well at least I have more class than that. I mean, I would at least put it in the backyard...'. Now the fire pit was not MINE, but my neighbors, but they invited us over to cook hot dogs and marshmallows. So the fire pit was set up on our joint driveway and we sat around on chairs while the boys waved flaming marshmallows and burnt hot dogs around on long pointed sticks that are red hot... it's a miracle that no eyes were poked out or hair set on fire! But I have to admit that I had a good time. It's another learning experience for me. God has certainly been teaching me not to be so judgemental. On the down side, I didn't realize that when you set a fire pit outside of your house like that, everything fills up with smoke. I took a shower before bed last night and another this morning and I could STILL smell the smoke when I was drying my hair. Yuck! After last summer's drama, you can imagine how sensitive I am to that. Will I join them again...hmm, probably. But not for a while...anyone else wanna try it? :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Just as long as you were not doing at three am in the morning no judgement from me. I wish we had neighbors to do that kind of stuff with sometimes!